Best Time to Get Great Prices on Items
- Bikes and Outdoor Gear: Best Time is January. Stores start bringing in new merchandise in February and March. They try to move their older merchandise out in January to make room for the new merchandise.
- Cars: End of Model Year. This can be the end of the summer through the fall for most car companies and you can get great deals on last year’s models. End of the Month, is also a good time to get a deal because some dealers will need to make their monthly quotas and might need to sell just a few more cars to do that. Also look for manufacturer’s rebates and incentives and during the month of December when car sales are slow.
- Computers: If you are shopping for a cheaper, slightly older technology, then July and August is when you can save the most money, before the new technology comes out. Follow the release schedule for chipmakers such as Advanced Micro Devices and Intel. They’ll offer some clues about when computer manufacturers will offer updates and re-designs. Also during the middle to end of the summer there are lots of back-to-school sales.
- Furniture: Best time to buy is January and July when stores are trying to clean out their inventory for new merchandise.
- Jewelry: Avoid the holidays, Valentine’s Day and Mother’s Day.
- Toys: Pre-Christmas, October and November. Many stores offer special deals. Also after Christmas in January is another great time to buy.
- Apparel: This is a no-brainer, at the end of each season, when sales are plentiful.