Job Ages, Wages & Rules


State Laws

Each State is different.  Some States require permission from your school and/or the school district where you live.  If you happen to go to a private school in a town other than the one you reside in, you not only will need papers signed by your school, but also someone in the school district where you reside.  The Youth Rules Website is a great tool for information about employment for teens.  The site link's you to your local State, by clicking on the State:  You can also call your State Department of Labor or your County or City Department of Labor.